Skip to content
- Rice is an important dish that is consumed in all the parts of the country. It forms an essential part of the meals for many families. It is therefore a good idea to keep the following tip in mind while cooking rice. In case, the rice you cook seems sticky just add a few drops of lemon and a tsp of oil to rice before boiling the rice. This will ensure that each grain of rice remains separate after it is cooked.
- To make your gravy thick, add two tablespoons of Poppy Seeds (Khas Khas) in it.
- For crispier puri Add a teaspoon of semolina / rava (suji) and 1 teaspoon of rice flour to the wheat flour while kneading.
- Remedy for salty curry Wash a potato. Cut into two. Place the two halves of the raw potato in the curry and it will absorb the extra salt.
- Ready to use masalas Sometimes cooking requires a lot of pre-preparation. Make masalas ahead of the time. Stock the masala in the freezer till not required for cooking. This method will save a lot of time.
- Keep coriander leaves in a air tight plastic box in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for a long time.